Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sand

Sand: A Poem
by Sarah Nichols



(Hey! Get your mouse away from that back button, you jerk! Don't think I don't know what you're thinking! Hmph. People. They have no respect for poetry these days. They wouldn't know fine poetry if it blew sand in their eyes. (You see what I did there?))

Ahem.

And now, for you forward-thinking, cultured folk who have so courteously remained:


SAND: A POEM
BY SARAH NICHOLS*




Sand on the beach



Sand in the hand**




Sand in some paint***




Sand in the stand****




Sand is red



Sand is blue



Sugar is sweet*****





And so are you.
So... here's a nice picture of a stream for you. 
For being sweet.
And reading my poem.
I'm not actually writing a poem about a stream in the second person.
That would be strange.

Let's keep going:



This sand once melted



This sand was trodden



This sand in a desert is dry and not sodden******



And holy sauce muffins, this person was brave in November!



*bows*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go practice my speech for when I am appointed United States Poet Laureate. 

Later dudes.******* 




*Dear Blogger: Why is my last name in all caps apparently a misspelled word and worthy of your neener-neener red lining, but my last name in lowercase is not? Sincerely, Sarah. 
Dear Wordpress: We'll be there soon. Don't worry. Love, Sarah. xoxoxo

**The Toe Thumb strikes again (and again). Blast!


***That rainbow is real, by the way. Apparently Mother Nature doesn't think that my fingerpainting is good enough by its goshdarned self. Whatever, Mother Nature. 

****(Candlestand at church.)

*****And somewhat resembles sand, thus qualifying it for inclusion in this work.

******The fact that this sand is pixelated also helps make it not sodden. I have a feeling the TV wouldn't appreciate wet sand, honestly.

*******If I fell asleep at the keyboard with my forehead on the 8 and my chin on the shift it would look like this:
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
But don't worry, I'm still very much awake, so despite appearances to the contrary, we're not quite to that point yet. You know, asterisk-wise.

Also, if anyone ever wants to teach me how to make those crosses and little wiggly circle things and all the other footnote markers besides the noble asterisk, I'm all ears. And shift-8-key-combos.





P.S. Oh, and just in case you didn't get enough colored sand the first time around:





You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. You can sorta get a cross by holding the ALT key and using the number pad and typing 0134.

    Like this - †

    And I loved the poem - the Mario picture was awesome! It took me 3 hours to beat that world! I've never reattempted it.

    ReplyDelete