Sunday, November 11, 2012

Beware of Trolls

I try to go for a lot of walks. Getting outside seems to make both me and the kids feel better than we do if we are in the house all day, and the exercise seems to be helping me lose the baby weight! Gardiner is VERY hilly, so a good workout is guaranteed any time I take my rad double stroller out and about.

Here are a few of the things I've been seeing on my walks lately:

Sadly, all these lovely leaves were blown away by Hurricane Sandy - but on this day, they were particularly pretty.


Beware of Trolls. Note all the little fairy houses hidden all over the place. The Maine woods are magical! :-)



This graveyard is HUGE. Huge. Gihugeabigantic, in fact. The two pictures above of two different areas are not even half of the entire thing. Also, there are older and newer sections, which is cool. You start in the 1700s, walk through the Civil War, and keep going from there. When you get to the end, you're walking through modern grave stones, and actually they are quite amazing - they have actual 'photographs' engraved into the stone, as well as entire scenes and images engraved into the stones that are absolute works of art.
Also: this chick was named Cinderella!!

I did look in the window. There's nothing in there. Except mice. And dust. Lots and lots of dust. But we can pretend it's something really enticing and hidden away.


Sleeping babies!

1896 ~ Built By The Berlin Iron Bridge Co. I have no idea to what this plaque is referring, but it's nonetheless neat.


This was a lot prettier in real life. But hey, I tried.



This is a little segment of the Gardiner Public Library, where Todd's mom works.


The Kennebec River! It's not Lake Pend Oreille, but it's got its own regal beauty.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's so beautiful there! I love seeing your new home, and cute sleeping babies. What gorgeous fall weather it looks like you are having! Do you feel like you're missing out on the snow, here? :)

    ReplyDelete